- Log into the Speaker Management System using the link and password included in the speaker invitation email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following tasks are due by Monday, February 7. Please note that speakers may be removed from a session if tasks are not completed in a timely manner:
- Speaker Invitation- accept or reject the invitation to speak
- Sign the speaker agreement
- Confirm or update your profile information (this information will be used on the conference website and the conference app)
- Review or update your biography
- Update or upload your photo if one is missing
- Agree to the copyright permissions task (you may not use copyrighted materials without written consent from the original author).
- Review and update session title (one speaker per session will be assigned this task)
- Review and update session description (one speaker per session will be assigned this task)
- The remaining tasks are due no later than Friday, February 11.
- If using PowerPoint, the conference branded PowerPoint template must be used.
- Adhere to the deadlines set by ICMA and respond to inquiries regarding your session in a timely manner.
- Speakers should show up early and prepared for the session. Check in with Felicia Littky, ICMA Manager of Conference Education Programming, upon arrival.
- The regional conferences are planned as fully in-person events. Speakers will not be allowed to participate via zoom or other digital options.
- Plan your session and stick to the content provided in the session description so that your messaging matches attendee expectations.
- Practice your session to ensure the flow is smooth and that you fill the allotted time (remember to leave time for Q&A or better yet, ask for questions throughout your presentation!)
- For a 60-minute session, it is recommended to limit the number of slides in your PowerPoint presentation to no more than 20.
- Get people excited about your session before it begins! Post to your social media accounts and make sure to tag @ICMAEvents
- No commercials! Your name, title and organization will be listed in the conference materials. Your best commercial is to deliver a relevant, timely session. Anything more explicit may be resented by ICMA members, who are sensitive to self-promotion.
- Speakers who are members of ICMA must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee.
- ICMA staff will register those speakers who are not members of ICMA. You will receive a registration confirmation via email.
- If you do not know your membership status, please contact email@example.com.
- Speakers should reserve their own hotel rooms.
- Regional Conference’s will be held at the following hotels. The deadline to reserve a room at our discounted rate is noted as well.
- Ritz-Carlton Atlanta: February 16
- Mountain Plains:
- Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport Marriott: February 22
- West Coast:
- Skamania Lodge: February 21
- Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark: February 28
- The Colonnade Hotel: March 14
Health and Safety:
- Speakers should familiarize themselves with the COVID-19 Safety Protocols for the Regional Conferences.
- Proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the in-person event.
- All conference participants including speakers will be required to wear a mask during the Regional Conferences, except while actively eating or drinking.
- Completion of a daily health screening, via a text messaging based third-party secure system.
- If feeling ill or testing positive for COVID-19, please remove yourself from the Conference and notify Felicia Littky, Manager of Conference Education Programming.